Monday 3 June 2013

New York Tsunami


“Stop slurping your coke” I demanded to my friend Kayleigh. “Oh shut up Sandy” she hissed back. She then continued to slurp her beverage. “There’s nothing that goes into that thick head of yours is there?” I said. I then started to slurp my lemonade as hard as I could up my straw just to annoy her, but it didn’t work because she slurp just as loud, probably louder! “What’s that sound” she exclaimed. “Don’t be silly” I exclaimed back. “Yeah there is listen” she warned, I listened really hard and could faintly hear a swishing sound. “What is that?” I questioned her. “Beats me” she said continuing to slurp her coke.


*

I gazed down the street of traffic and could just see a wave in the horizon. “Kayleigh... what.... is that?” I squeaked pointing to the waves that were coming closer by the second. “Ummmm I think we better run” she said and with that out in the clear we fled the cafe. We ran down the street in a panic waving our hands in the air and screaming. Everyone was starting to get out of there cars or taxi’s and doing what we were. I jumped on top of the cars thinking it would be a faster way. I jumped in a line over a row of cars and just before I was at the end I tripped on a yellow taxi and hit my knee on the ground. Blood poured out of the cut where it had split open. I screamed for help but everyone was busy running. I had sweat running down my back and making my new white t-shirt wet there was blood all over my new bluejeans and my neck hurt. I couldn’t see Kayleigh anywhere (she probably just wanted to save herself, well that’s Kayleigh for ya).

5 comments:

  1. Great story I really enjoyed it! Some friends! Great descriptiveness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a really great story and I like how you wrote how Sandy was feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really good story you wrote that storie really well

    ReplyDelete